One class stands between me & my last LDOC of fall semester (last day of class, that is).
As I said before, this year is full of lots of lasts… But with the closing doors, there are many more being opened.
As you plunge into the dreaded finals week, don’t neglect yourself! It’s so easy to let stress consume you & let the more important things, such as sleep, eating, + exercise, fall to the wayside.
Here is your friendly reminder to not forget to do the little things!
- Drink yo’ water. It’ll keep you energized, hydrated, & full which prevents unnecessary snacking. It’ll also help prevent sickness which can arise from a weakened immune system (as a result of the stress).
- Set aside some time to do something that you enjoy. Use it as a short study break to clear your mind & eliminate stress. You’ll come back refreshed & ready to crush your studies.
- Stay organized. It’s easy to say, harder to do. But if you prioritize & organize you won’t waste time on unnecessary tasks.
- Don’t spend too much time calculating the lowest possible grade you can get on the final… Instead put that time to good use! (I may or may not know this from personal experience…)
- Sleep. Sleep. Sleep. Chances are, if you don’t know it the night before the test, it might just be too late.
- Caffeine helps. Chocolate, too. (From personal experience)
- DO NOT pick up your phone in the middle of studying. Social media is black hole that will consume all of your time. (Or set a very limited time to use it… & hold yourself to that time limit!)
- Just get started. Sometimes getting started is the hardest part…
Just remember… It’s only short lived + it’ll all be worth it. There is a light at the end of the tunnel!
Good luck… Go out & crush those exams!